The Family Funeral
The Orchid is £2,295.00 and covers all of the practical elements to carry out an attended funeral organised by the family including funeral director costs, telephone arranger support and cremations fees. We will ensure your family is protected from any price rises and carry out your wishes for a simple funeral when the time comes.
The Orchid Plan
|Payment over 12 months|
|11 x 1 Monthly Instalment Cost||£191.25|
|Last Monthly Instalment Cost||£191.25|
|Payment over 60 months|
|59 x 1 Monthly Instalment Cost||£44.14|
|Last Monthly Instalment Cost||£44.62|
|Payment over 120 months|
|119 x 1 Monthly Instalment Cost||£25.35|
|Last Monthly Instalment Cost||£25.64|
What your plan guarantees
|Covers a cremation service, with no more to pay for the services in your plan, regardless of when your plan is needed or how much costs will rise in the future|
|Guidance by our professional telephone team 24 hours a day, 365 days a year|
|Our local team will meet with you in person to complete and sign the necessary legal paperwork and forms for the cremations to proceed|
|Care of the deceased|
|Transportation of the deceased within mainland Great Britain, carried out by trained funeral professionals at any time of the day|
|To bring the deceased into our care at our own mortuary facilities|
|A practical and simple coffin|
|Unattended cremation with a simple reading by the chapel attendant with the coffin in the chapel|
|Intimate cremation for up to 12 people to attend to witness the committal by the chapel attendant with the coffin in the chapel|
|Full length service in the chapel with a ceremony organised by the family and no limit on attendees|
|Return of ashes in a simple container|
|Third party costs|
|If you move, your plan moves with you at no extra cost to anywhere within mainland Great Britain|
|Free 24 hour telephone bereavement and advice counselling service|
|Doctor's Fees to provide Medical Papers *|
What is not included in your plan
The Orchid Plan does not include a procession, viewing or the face to face services of a funeral director. It is a simple family led service at a crematorium of our choice and does not include any of the below:
- *Medical certification fees. For deaths where a coroner investigation is required, there are no medical certifications fees. Also, changes to legislation in May 2015 mean there will no longer be a charge for a medical certification for any deaths registered in Scotland. Similar legal changes are being considered for the rest of the UK, so we do not include provision for these fees in our Plans. If the funeral takes place outside of Scotland, and a coroner is not involved, then if applicable, the medical certification fees paid by the next of kin or personal representative, when arranging the funeral.
- Embalming, memorial or headstone, flowers, catering/wake.
- Viewing the deceased
- Limousine for family/mourners
- Funeral procession from home/funeral home to a service location
- Co-ordination of any flowers or tributes and managing collection and payments of any charitable donations
- Repatriation from outside mainland Great Britain.
- Costs for removing artificial limbs and mechanisms such as pacemakers.
- Costs associated with changes in regulations, tax, laws, or generally accepted practice, which result in additional costs or affect the conduct of the funeral.
This list is not exhaustive, so please refer to the Terms & Condition for further Information.